The Area Manager provides leadership to multiple Guckenheimer account operations in a given market. The Area Manager collaborates and aligns (multiple) account locations for maximum success while upholding the firm's long-held, core values. The successful individual will serve as a visible leader, and will foster a business environment that is both nurturing internally, and competitive with the market externally.
He/She/They will be responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of business by utilizing
Guckenheimer/ISS guidelines, standards, and policies.
- Delivery on contract promises, increased effectiveness and/or efficiency of delivered services through deployment of Guckenheimer/ISS standards and concepts leveraging innovation and best practice opportunities'
- Successful delivery of prioritized projects and programs
- In partnership with internal and external stakeholders understand upcoming priorities and linking project delivery to the needs of the business
- Deployment of relevant projects following the global/local standards while having complete ownership of project roll out and completion
- Develop own skill base in line with agreed appraisal, taking responsibility for increased performance, and ensuring continued self-improvement
- Participate and embrace the development opportunities
Key Areas of Collaboration and Influence
- Communicate effectively with colleagues in the market, and across the company, so information is disseminated effectively and participate in project groups and meetings as required
- Account Organization
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Customer Organization
- Local Excellence Functions
- External Partners and Suppliers
- Account dedicated People & Culture, HSE, and Finance
- Transfer best practice
- Use the account to promote and further develop Guckenheimer/ISS
Ideal Candidate Experience
- 8+ years of multi-unit management experience in a food service / hospitality / retail environment; Foodservice/ Corporate Dining Operations Management ideal
- Experience managing complex operations with direct P&L and growth accountability
- Culinary degree preferred
- ServSafe Certificate required or ability to become ServSafe Certified
- Reasoning Ability
- Must be compassionate, consistent, and fair to the needs of the employee and of the Company
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, able to work independently, prioritize and multi-task
- Must be willing to contribute and support your team with hands on approach to our operations
- Must demonstrate a commitment to Guckenheimer/ISS and client satisfaction
- Meet client subsidy / company goals for area
- Maintain ROCA (Return on Controllable Assets) and inventory level goal.
Client and Customer Satisfaction
- Maintain high visibility with client
- Maintains standards for Customer Bill of Rights.
- Maintain effective safety program
- Adhere to company prescribed programs (Creativity, Safety and Standards and Workers Compensation)
- Maintains food variety guidelines throughout area
- Maintain state of the art merchandising and décor in units throughout area
- Ability to maintain excellent food quality standards throughout area
- Required compliance with purchasing guidelines
- Area compliance with accounting standards
- Follows all Guckenheimer/ISS policies throughout area
- Maintains supportive and positive working relationships with subordinates and peers
- Actively demonstrates Core Values
- Effective written communication process
- Supports Guckenheimer/ISS open door policy
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Long working hours
- Sitting at a computer for 50% of the time
- Walking/Inspecting the site 50% of the time
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds
- Must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods
As a global organization, ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background. We look to lead our industry by example and to positively influence the market wherever we operate.
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply on company website