SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Acute Care Speech Language Pathologist.As a PRN employee you'll enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
We are seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the healthcare team the Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, recording and implementing a treatment plan to achieve the goals of the patient as it relates to social and cognitive communication as well as swallowing disorders. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will conduct patient assessments and evaluations to determine physical condition, limitations, medical histories and patient goals
- You will enable patients with speech and language disorders, whether it is receptive or expressive, to communicate as effectively and clearly as possible
- You will assist the physician with determining appropriate dietary feeding levels for patients with dysphagia and progress the level through the use of therapeutic techniques as appropriate
- You will provide education to the patient/family and effectively document the therapy process
- You will communicate and collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team including other therapists, physicians and nurses to best treat the patient
- Graduation from an accredited school of a Master's level Speech Language Pathology program is required
- Must be licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation
- Must have Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCCs) per ASHA
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Prior acute care and/or inpatient rehab experience working as a Speech Therapist is preferred and/or familiarity with performing and reading swallowing assessments
Grand Strand Medical Center, located in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC, is a 350 plus bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and the surrounding counties. Each day we are committed to building a healthy community across the greater Grand Strand. To accomplish this, we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission. We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team.
Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties. Additionally, Grand Strand Medical Center is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC. Our hospital is also the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the service area, certified by DNV-GL.
Grand Strand Medical Center is recognized by the Join Commission for the following programs:
- Chest pain
- Knee and hip replacement
In addition, we have received awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heart attacks and strokes.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Grand Strand Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Speech Language Pathologist opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website