Fusion Academy is hiring in the Bay Area if you:
- Are a dynamic and energetic school leader.
- Are a candidate who has led a high school or multi-million dollar tutoring center and able to lead a Fusion campus as a Head of School in the upcoming 6-18 months once a residency with Fusion is completed.
- Are Bay Area geographically mobile. Meaning, a candidate willing to start in one of our Bay Area campuses and upon full appointment to the Head of School role (due to other Heads transfers or promotions) willing to relocate (preferably) anywhere within the Bay Area Fusion District to assume the newest available role. Due to company growth, the "in residence" period can be anywhere between six and eighteen months where the resident leader is immersed in our culture, systems, and accountabilities.
- Are willing to train and learn the Fusion unique one to one in-person teaching model by performing in an administrative leadership role at a Fusion campus. Upon completion of Fusion Head of School training, you're at that time willing to immediately relocate to your permanent assignment location in the Bay Area as soon as a vacancy comes up and you will run that school.
- Are willing to consider $80-90K during this period. Once appointed to a permanent HOS role, salary will align to other permanent HOS's and you'll be eligible for the HOS annual bonus plan.
Position Summary - What if you could lead a school where every classroom is just one student and just one teacher?
After being immersed in our culture for anywhere between 6-18 months, learning the systems, rhythms, and accountabilities of a successful Fusion Head, a Fusion Head of School in Training/Residence will ultimately serve as the leader and manager of a Fusion Academy campus. You'll assist with the school start-up if it's a new campus, or in an existing campus you'll manage the ongoing day to day operations, lead the leadership team, own enrollment, and be directly accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of all academic and business outcomes of the school. We are seeking positive, confident, entrepreneurial, and energetic self-starters to lead a Fusion Academy location.
Your Day to Day:
- Whether a new or existing campus, you'll select enthusiastic and competent staff and teachers who possess the requisite subject-area expertise and an ability to prepare students to be highly competitive in high school and beyond.
- Represent the school to all relevant audiences to begin building a list of potential students to open the school. Have a solid grasp of the school's features and can articulate them convincingly.
- Create and lead a school culture that maintains a focus on a positive student experience, academic results, and collaboration.
- Develop and lead a system for the ongoing evaluation of teacher performance that expects measurable results, supports improvement, and rewards achievement.
- Develop and manage a system of collaborative faculty analysis of student performance results that ensure a data-driven instructional strategy.
- Refine and direct the school's academic program
- Implement the school's academic offerings in coordination with the FEG curriculum model.
- Ensure alignment of curricular standards with required school-based testing.
- Create ways to monitor and improve student learning; support and implement a tracking system that allows teachers, the HOS, and parents to know what standards students have mastered and those for which further work is required.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the school achieves accreditation from the appropriate educational institutions.
Lead and direct the school's admissions program
- Lead the admissions process:
- Manage documents, data, and applicants effectively and timely.
- Understand the characteristics of a successful school visit and develop a welcoming atmosphere.
- Expand the applicant pool with open houses and appropriate marketing.
- Conduct intakes with parents and incoming students.
- Effectively lead the re-enrollment process; create strategies for retention and to prevent attrition.
- Identify barriers to full enrollment.
Take ownership of all functions of the school
- Manage all aspects of the school, including budgets, managing costs, revenue targets, and reporting on specific metrics.
- Be available for parents and students to address any of their questions or issues.
- Provide consistent communication both within the school and with all stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, compassionate customer service to parents, students, and referral sources.
What you bring to the team:
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated successful leadership experience and deep respect for teaching and learning
- Excitement for alternative or non-traditional education systems
- Master's Degree or Doctoral Degree preferably in Education, Business or Organizational Development
- Experience interacting directly with a variety of stakeholders
- Culture building, team creation, and inspirational leadership experience
- A passion for delivering mastery-based education to students with learning differences, including social and emotional differences.
- Experience managing a budget, financial reporting, and tracking specific metric performance
- A demonstrated track record of success, career progression, and increased responsibilities
- A passionate belief that students achieve the highest academic standards when there are appropriate school processes & procedures.
Management & Leadership
- Managerial, program development, and leadership experience in an educational school setting.
- People management experience, including:
- Ability to recruit and lead a professional staff.
- Experience with providing professional development and mentoring
- Strong ability to create and maintain a workplace culture
- Ability to drive the overall success and best represent Fusion core values resulting in the recognition of staff.
- Visionary leadership that can articulate the value of Fusion.
- A focus on collaboration, with agility in balancing varying points of view in the process of decision making.
- Accept ownership and take responsibility for achieving specific metrics of success.
- A passion for serving students.
- Personal motivation and passionate about achieving goals and deadlines.
- Persuasive communication skills, with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to quickly build relationships.
- Ability to defuse tense confrontations and create harmony.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility.
- High energy and tenacity.
- Highly organized with effective time management skills.
- Base salary is competitive. In addition to base salary, Fusion Heads of School are eligible for performance bonuses for KPI performance.
- Fusion offers Heads of School a full range of benefits including vacation and holiday pay, health, dental, 401K, basic life & AD&D insurance, and long term disability insurance.
- Additional information about Fusion Academy is available at www.fusionacademy.com
- Please visit us on YouTube! Search: Fusion Academy
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.
Apply on company website