DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are the parent company of the Destin Emergency Care Center (DECC) and the Rehabilitation Institute, both located on Airport Road in Destin. VP of Cardiovascular Services Position Summary:
Responsible for developing and implementing a cardiovascular service line business plan, driving profitable cardiovascular service line growth, and improving operations in terms of quality and processes.Essential Functions:
1. Provides direction and support for the on-going development of the cardiovascular service line. In partnership with key division personnel and hospital administrative teams, develops strategy, promotes operational standards, and ensures that services are coordinated across the organization.
2. Ensures that the strategies, priorities and operations of all cardiovascular services are aligned and complementary.
3. Assists as needed with physician recruitment activities for the cardiovascular service line.
4. Attends medical staff meetings and/or medical staff committee meetings as assigned or requested. Informs the hospital of proceedings at meetings attended and recommends action, as necessary.
5. Collaborates with physicians to develop and foster positive working relationships.
6. Represents the hospital by membership in related professional and community associations. Supports community projects and agencies.
7. Engages national, division, and facility service line leaders, quality, physician sales, managed care, and supply chain to plan for emerging trends in terms of clinical protocols, technology, reimbursement, medical management, and supply utilization.
8. Identifies and documents cardiovascular best demonstrated practices from across the company, group, or division.
9. Assists the hospital with the assessment of patient and staff education needs in regards to cardiovascular services.
10. Collaborates with decision support and IT to develop tracking and reporting mechanisms to monitor the progression of cardiovascular service line development.
11. Manages service line development, implementation and management activities, including:
• Facilitation of the planning process and implementation activities with division and hospital leadership
• Participation in the annual budgeting process
• Improvement of service line profitability (e.g., cost structure)
• Monitoring and ensuring service line quality (e.g., clinical outcomes, credentialing/privileging, processes, services, satisfaction).align to division/market and national quality standards and best demonstrated practices
12. Service Line Specific Performance Metrics• Market share stabilization/growth • Net revenue & volume growth
• Contribution and EBDITA Margins (Service Line P&Ls)
• Quality & Process Indicators (e.g., core measures)• HCAHPS
• Successful service line development and implementation
• Physician Retention and Loyalty rates
Education Required And/Or Preferred:
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university;
- Master's degree in Health Administration, Business, or Economics preferred
Experience Required Or Preferred:
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in the specific service line, two (2) of which must have been in a leadership or charge capacity
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website