SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform switchboard activities of the department in accordance with applicable administrative and regulatory requirements.
- Greets incoming callers demonstrating customer service principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Routes all incoming calls and maintains appropriate telephone records.
- Operates the public address system consistent with established company protocol and procedure including Code Blue, Code Red, Bomb Threat, Dr. Love, Disasters, and Safety.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Maintains facilities and equipment to ensure maximum efficiently.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- One year experience preferred but not required
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND / OR PREFERRED:
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a confined area
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Ability to retain names and numbers
- Must be dependable
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website