DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Interventional Radiology Team!
POSITION SUMMARY: The IR nurse will provide all nursing care during special procedures and vascular procedures. This role assumes responsibility and accountability for several patients during a designated time frame while following policies and procedures of Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. Prioritizes and organizes patient flow to ensure best utilization of time. This role is given general guidance and is expected to function with initiative and sound judgment to provide quality services. Must be able to demonstrate effective safety practices while establishing and maintaining a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and Medical Staff. Demonstrate competence when performing other related or licensed functions.This position may require float to CT Biopsy.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (FWBMC) is a 267-bed full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER that includes the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County area.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid family leave
And much more!
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate degree required
- Current RN license in Florida required
- BLS required prior to start and ACLS required within 90 days of hire
- 1 year acute care experience preferred
- 1 year critical care experience preferred
- Radiology experience preferred
- Reads and writes English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff members
- Good knowledge of cardiac drugs and arrhythmias
- Knowledge of hemodynamic monitoring helpful, but not required
- Knowledge of sterile procedures
- Ability to listen, empathize, and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- This position is exposed to ionizing radiation and requires the employee to wear a lead apron and stand for long periods of time
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website