DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Registered Nurse)
SCHEDULE: Part-time, 24 hours per week
The Quality Improvement Coordinator works with all processes within the Quality Management Department, with primary focus being on the assessment of clinical care and outcomes, processes and performance improvement activities. This includes the processes of reviewing and analyzing information and data regarding quality and peer review for the medical staff and other clinical departments. This position also acts as a role model and mentor to the various hospital and medical staff departments in facilitating and supporting their quality management activities, both via the provision of data as well as direct support of the process of their quality improvement efforts. Facilitate organizational-wide PI teams that support the Performance Improvement Plan and special projects and assists with staff education. Under the direction of the Director of Patient Safety provides investigation and subsequent action planning surrounding occurrence reporting processes. General direction for these activities is provided by the Director of Quality Management, however, this position operates with a high degree of independence, and requires a high degree of creativity and investigative/analytical skills. The position requires a strong foundation of clinical knowledge, organizational function, data analysis abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- ADN required, BSN preferred
- State of Florida RN license and/or appropriate multi-state license required
- 3 years clinical experience in a hospital setting required
- Hospital quality experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in English grammar
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Professional public appearance
- Strong physician relation skills
- Ability to maintain confidence
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Ability to effectively communicate and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Computer literacy required with word processing/spreadsheets/internet
- Mathematical/analytical skills
- Ability to extract data
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and accreditation processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand clinical criteria and outcome criteria
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the TriCounty area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs.
Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website