SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the laboratory director, the phlebotomist assumes the responsibility for performing phlebotomy skills appropriately and efficiently, under the philosophy, policies and procedures established by the hospital and the laboratory department. To assure that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of the phlebotomy and the activities related to optimal collection and maintenance of specimens for laboratory testing.
- To demonstrate skill and accuracy in obtaining specimens for all age groups serviced.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationship with internal and external customers.
- Maintains inter and intra departmental communications via telephone, intercom, fax, MOX and reception desk.
- Observes Safety, Infection Control and Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Performs any duties for efficient and quality operation of the department, including processing specimens.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- National registration certificate preferred
- Current EMT or State of Florida LPN License preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- One year phlebotomy experience preferred; hospital phlebotomy experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Good customer relation skills including written, verbal and telephone
- Computer skills
- Filing and clerical skills. Copying and faxing skills helpful
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures of Phlebotomy
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website