DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 300 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are the parent company of the Destin Emergency Care Center (DECC) and the Rehabilitation Institute, both located on Airport Road in Destin. Nurse Manager of Critical Care Position Summary: To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the Department to accomplish the mission of FWBMC. Essential Functions:
- Provides leadership and demonstrates responsibility and accountability for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for assigned departments on a 24 hour basis. Ensures department's standard of nursing practice, nursing policies and procedures meet legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
- Develops and implements+ ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Patient & Family Communication
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient status.
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to appropriate community resources.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for ensuring effective pain management practices are in place and operational in area(s) of responsibility.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Ensures patient care is provided in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and regulatory, recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement plans to ensure compliance and address performance improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or anticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- State of Florida RN License required
- BCLS-AHA Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire
- PALS required within 90 days of hire
- CPI required within 90 days of hire
- TNCC required within six (6) months of hire
- 3 years of licensed RN experience required
- 3 years direct patient care experience in inpatient acute, med/surg, emergent or primary care setting (other experience and roles considered on a case by case basis) required
- Minimum of 1 year experience functioning as RN in the ICU preferred
- 3 years of experience in emergent/critical care setting with proven clinical and leadership abilities preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website