DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our StaRN Residency Program! Submit your application today! The next program is anticipated to begin on February 14th, 2022.
- 5,000 Sign-On Bonus Available
The StaRN/Residency is a yearlong residency which begins with a 11-16 week (depending on specialty), PAID Classroom/Preceptorship program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on needs of the hospital, but units that typically hire StaRN residents include:
- Medical Surgical, Oncology, Post-Surgical Care, Progressive / Transitional Care, Inpatient Rehab
- ICU, Emergency Department (limited)
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
- Instructor-led classroom training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Certifications needed for each unit
- Training on charting systems
- The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 7-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
- Conducted at the hospital
- You will be assigned a one-on-one preceptor to train you and acclimate you to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- The schedule is typically three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital and continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Current Florida RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year
- Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training program
You are more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
Exceptional People. Exceptional Care.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious New Grad RN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: new grad, residency, registered nurse, graduate nurse, RN, Med/Surg, TCU, PCU, Post-Surgical, Oncology, Emergency Department
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website