DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration and coordination of Facilities Management in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. Also acts as the Sustainability Coordinator. Oversee the organization's security program (as the Security Director), to include onsite security personnel and any associated support from local law enforcement. Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.
Director of Facilities Management
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of Facilities Management daily activities, the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors of the Facilities Management. Reviews performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, Joint Commission, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
- Directs reviews and analyzes progress and performance of contract services personnel. Makes recommendation on contract initiation, renewals and termination.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities.
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
Director of Security
- Manages the Security department and is the safety officer for the organization. Acts to provide a safe and secure environment for the patients, staff, physicians, and guests of the hospital. Oversees all safety programs and is officer of the Safety Committee. Is responsible for writing and implementing policies and procedures that support safety practices, especially those relating to current Joint Commission Standards.
- Oversee local law enforcement coverage in the hospital. Act as a liaison between the hospital and Okaloosa County Sheriff's Department.
- Implements the facility Safety and Security program. Oversee Employee Safety and Security Meeting to include annual incentive program elements.
- Provides in-service to all hospital employees on Safety Procedures and Hazardous Materials Management programs. Responsible for the planning and coordination of Facilities Management daily activities, the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas.
- Sustainability Coordinator for facility responsible for the tracking and benchmarking all environmental programs, coordination of environmental initiatives with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Chair Facility Green Team. Research, direct analysis of, review of data and advise facility Green team relative to long and short range goals and projects.
- Serve as liaison between local sustainability groups and projects.
- Serve as resource for the EAG Committee on sustainability matters.
- Ensure collaboration and communication on the intra and inter departmental sustainability initiatives and report compliance with sustainability goals to executive team.
- Review, revises, recommends and implements sustainability practices as appropriate.
- Coordinates with HCA Corporate Sustainability Effort to ensure to ensure no overlap of activities and available resources are being properly used.
- Provide data and information regarding sustainability efforts to division and HCA Corporate.
- Oversee the implementation of regional and/or corporate sustainability projects.
- Responsible for start-up and implementation of local new sustainability initiatives.
- 3-5 years' experience in field preferred
- 3-5 years' management experience preferred
- Vocational or Technical training required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current valid Florida driver's license required
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website