DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
Under general supervision cleans, sterilizes, and assembles surgical instruments and equipment. Ensures that all floors and patient care departments have appropriate patient care equipment, instrument trays and other needed supplies available at all times. Responds to special requests from surgery and all patient care floors in a timely and customer service oriented manner.
- Cleans and decontaminates surgical instruments and equipment using detergents and disinfecting solutions.
- Wraps, seals and accurately labels items that are to be sterilized.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, linen and related supplies using sterilizers and Sterrad according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Prepares surgical sets, instruments, treatment trays according to prescribed procedures ensuring that all instrumentation is correct and accurate.
- Ensures that all instrument count sheets are kept up to date and accurate.
- Stores sterilized and prepared supplies and equipment in designated areas or returns to departments upon request or replaces one for one when used.
- Informs bio-med of equipment no longer service able or other problems that arise.
- Makes rounds on floors to deliver instruments and available equipment as needed.
- Maintains Crash Carts.
- Demonstrates Customer Service behaviors.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the POS room or designated areas to assemble, and stock/inventory of crash carts.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Student Loan Forgiveness
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental& Vision
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Training as Surgical Technologist preferred
- Sterile Processing Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Previous SPD experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English; able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of surgical instruments, tray set-ups, sterilization techniques and basic SPD practices
- Ability to operate sterilizers, Sterrad and related equipment safely and efficiently; ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, Perioperative Services personnel, other nursing and hospital staff
- Willing to work on rotating shifts
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website