At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. Job Description
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we're looking to add Veritas NetBackup and Storage Administrator - IT located in Chennai Location.
Reporting to the Senior Manager & the role involves
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- To manage and support the Enterprise Grade Backup solutions and Storage systems used in Flex Datacenters
- To automate support processes and operations
- Integration storage and backup operations with cloud technologies
- To perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, problems identification, troubleshooting, failure recovery and proactive maintenance.
- To execute in incident, problem, change and release management processes.
- To drive improvements to meet & exceed the SLA.
- To compile statistics on Availability, Performance, and Utilization for management reporting.
- Report on storage performance and usage
- To participate and advise on technical and operational issues for new project introductions (NPI)
- To produce and maintain proper SOP documentation.
- LEAN methodologies and automation experience
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- Bachelors degree with 7+ year working experience in supporting & managing with at list one area of the following
- In depth knowledge of Veritas NetBackup version 8/9/10
- In depth knowledge of Google Actifio version 10
- Experience in Veeam backup version 10/11
- In depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux/Unix, Windows, VMware, MSSQL and Oracle DB backups and restorations
- In depth knowledge of Storage Lifecycle Policies for replication and duplication
- Experience in with design of traditional, hybrid and cloud-based data protection and business continuance solutions
- Experience with Windows with integrating Backup with Cloud technology
- Experience on HDS, HPE/Nimble, NetApp, Pure storage, Cisco technologies.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and communicate resolution to others
- Willing to provide weekend on-call support
- Experience in IT Service management tools like Service now.
Desired (Nice-To-Have) Qualifications:
- Certification in Veritas NetBackup administration, Actifio, Veeam and other backup technologies.
- Professional Level Certifications from main cloud storage providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with DevOps, IaC, writing code and automate repeatable processes
- ITIL Certifications
- Certification in Storage Technologies
NK99Job Category ITFlex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
Apply on company website