At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Director, Process Engineering will be based in Bukit Minyak, Penang. Responsible for leading a team of process engineers working on improving process engineering capabilities in order to support a specific area of a manufacturing organization.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Manage a team of engineers and technicians to establish and maintain statistical process control systems.
- Establish and improve process capabilities.
- Develop and maintain process documentation.
- Manage development projects that are designed to meet customer product specifications, delivery and cost expectations.
- Work with other engineering team members to design new products that can be manufactured.
- Improve throughput in constrained areas.
Here is some of what you'll need:
- Develop, test and implement new materials and processes for improved performance and/or lower cost and lead cost reduction efforts in assigned process areas.
- Partner with other engineering team members to design new products that can be manufactured.
- Lead initiatives to increase throughput, reduce cost and improve performance in constrained areas.
- Implement appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience in managing engineering requirements and systems for high speed, automated, integrated medical device manufacturing line with electronics shopfloor applications.
- Knowledge of integrated manufacturing processes and engineering including SMT, Molding, Assembly and Packaging within a regulated QMS environment.
- Competent in validation of facility, equipment, processes and computer systems for medical device manufacturing.
- Expertise/experience in problem solving with quality tools such as: 6-sigma / 8-D / CAPA / FMEA/ 5WHY etc.
- Knowledge of QSR 820 part 21, part 11 and ISO-13485 : 2016
- Medical Industry Qualifications:
- Medical Device industry experience & Manufacturing Engineering
- Knowledge of the QSR and ISO quality requirements is required
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
AA07Job Category Operations
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website