At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Quality Manager will be based in Salt Lake City, UT. In this role you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating the product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of management team.
- Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities.
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements and operational procedures within program.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confers with top management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with product assurance program department heads to establish, delineate and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Interface with customers on technical/quality issues and improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for managing customer audits and regulatory/compliance agency audits.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders and vendor quality standards.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Minimum 10 years' experience developing, implementing, and maintaining quality systems
- ITAR Restricted Project – must possess US Citizenship or Green Card (REQUIRED)
- Experience manufacturing AR/VR products, familiarity with product development life cycle to include NPI/EVT/DVT/PVT and sustaining volume production
- Have worked with CM with technical knowledge and experience from Process Engineering on Surface Mount Technology / Printed Circuit Board Assembly/Box-Build/System Integration.
- Experience working on camera module products
- Experience driving QA to monitor results for Cpk items, driving the quality team to communicate closely to all relevant departments: process engineering, reliability, FA etc. and drive continuous improvement independently
- Demonstrate expert functional, technical, people and/or process management skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
KT36Job Category Quality Is Sponsorship Available? No
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website