*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Director Business Development, located in SoCal will be responsible for management, growth and profitability of a series of target accounts. The position will require the individual to work with customers, design teams, and manufacturing sites to support Business Development and achieve the growth objective of the group. This individual will be responsible to grow the relationship with customers at all levels necessary to be able to understand their business to know where and how Flex can add value towards their business objectives. This role requires negotiating contracts and selling supply chain services to our customers. Provide proactive solutions to meet customers' business needs while increasing Flex revenue.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Use technical and personal skills to develop strong relationship with key customers and help guide them through the sale cycle.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with Design centers. Manufacturing sites and business development teams.
- Provide expertise during the pre-sales process by determining customer product needs and aligning these needs with Flex capabilities.
- Review customer requirements, identify and communicate potential issues and provide recommendations that will meet both Flex capability and customers' specifications.
- Coordinate product integration efforts between component suppliers, Flex and the customer.
- Develop and present various materials and solutions for customers and sales personnel to promote Flex's manufacturing capabilities, services, available technologies, manufacturing process and quality.
- Provide best in class complex support by answering and closing all customer and program management support questions related to manufacturing capabilities including: design, fabrication and assembly abilities.
- Define initial project/product scope and prepare project plans to meet customers' expectations.
- Work with the various sites to Prepare detailed project plans by documenting customers' requirements and incorporating design and manufacturing capabilities in order to meet customers' expectations.
Here is some of what you'll need:
- Typically requires an engineering bachelor's degree (ME, EE) in a related field or equivalent experience and training. A Master's or MBA degree is preferred. Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of sales/pre-sales experience and managing a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrates functional, technical and people and/or process management skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills. Demonstrates expertise in multiple areas and industry. Demonstrates proficient knowledge of the function and a thorough understanding of Flextronics and related business.
- Demonstrates detailed expertise in very complex functional/technical area or broad breadth of knowledge in multiple areas; understands the strategic impact of the function across sites.
- performance development, teaching/ leading, mentoring and/or organization development. Instills appropriate behavior in others in support of Flextronics values. Supports strategic direction for the function.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- A Master's or MBA degree is preferred
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
RelocationIs Sponsorship Available? No
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website