Parts Inventory and Quality Control Manager
This is a remote position with extensive travel to company locations required.
This role assists in providing oversight and direction to all fleet maintenance service centers to ensure company resources are managed and coordinated efficiently to meet company objectives. The Parts Inventory and Quality Control Manager conducts inventory audits, performs physical inventories, recommends changes, and provides direction to service center staff to ensure accountability of the parts operation.
This individual will interface with agencies, vendors, and internal & external customers. Specific attention will be given to operational support, customer relations, accountability, and cost/quality of parts. This position requires extensive travel and flexibility in working hours and job assignments.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401 (k) savings plan
- A great work environment!
- Conducts on-site and off-site evaluations of parts inventories.
- Analyzes data to determine process issues.
- Works with Director of Maintenance to determine corrective action plans for non-compliance issues.
- Provides recommendations to build and maintain exemplary quality parts facilities following company inventory processes and requirements.
- Performs root cause analyses of issues occurring at the service center level. Assists service center team in developing strategies to improve operations.
- Serves as leader of Inventory Committee. Conducts monthly inventory conference calls using input from all members to recommend field inventory processes.
- Designs, implements, and monitors ongoing inventory reduction programs and obsolete inventory reduction. Reduces obsolete inventory using approved disposal methods.
- Assists new location start-ups by training new staff members, initiating inventory controls and processes, and providing support needed to launch a successful service center.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during inventory activities.
- Provides training, technical support, and assistance to staff as needed.
- The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities.
Experience & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 4+ years of experience operating a parts room. Parts inventory management experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with agencies, vendors, and internal/external customers.
- Ability to build solid relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer literate with experience in operating fleet management information systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
- Ability to travel extensively and adapt working hours to operational needs.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website