Entry Level Lube & Preventive Maintenance Technician
First Vehicle Services is looking for entry-level candidates who are interested in starting their automotive careers! Lube Technicians ensure that all vehicles are serviced properly, provide exceptional customer service, and apply technical aptitude relating to changing oil and performing minor vehicle maintenance in a fast-paced environment.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- $18 per hour starting wage
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety glasses
- A great work environment!
Entry Level Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Assist the team in the repair and adjustment of equipment
- Inspect and top off fluids
- Retrieves and adds oil
- Drain motor oil, change oil filter, grease chassis fittings
- Perform coolant exchanges and transmission drain & fill services
- Assist senior mechanics in the completion of repairs (key part of your development)
Entry Level Mechanic Qualifications:
- Previous educational experience in automotive or diesel technology
- Valid driver's license
- Motivated, energetic, and willing to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Be subject to a drug test
Apply today to join our team!
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire apparatus to light, medium and heavy-duty units, marked and unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website