12/24-volt Installer Technician - Vehicle Electrical Systems
First Mobile Technologies
Join the First Mobile Technologies team as a 12/24-volt Installer Technician. We are looking for a technician to live and work around the Conshohocken, PA Area. This exciting position will travel up to 40% of the time performing vehicle installations on police cruisers, heavy trucks, and machinery. Equipment installations will involve work with 12 & 24-volt battery systems include lighting, radios, computers, and docking stations in client vehicles (including police cruisers, work series trucks, and municipality & corporate fleets). The Emergency Vehicle Upfitter will need to exercise teamwork and communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
First Vehicle Services (FVS) is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $22.40 -$30.00; based on experience + EVT bonus money!
- An excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan.
- EVT training and testing materials provided!
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package including company training.
- A great work environment
Emergency Vehicle Upfitter Major Responsibilities:
- Have a general understanding of installation procedures as they apply to mobile computers, mobile radios, mounting components, and peripherals as they apply to each project.
- Installation of required components with a knowledgeable background of 12 volt & 24 volt systems.
- Perform vehicle upfits and builds on client/fleet vehicles
- Review and ensure the proper project and materials are being granted to the clients.
- Maintain daily work schedule as outlined to the clients.
- Monitor inventory to ensure FMT products are available and contact the proper department to arrange shipment of necessary items.
- Communicate regularly with management on the progress of the project and any problems encountered
- Maintain and review all accurate documentation and payment to ensure work is completed as outlined in the scope of the project
- Remove and reinstall vehicle interiors to ensure all mounting components are properly installed and the vehicle interior is left in the original condition.
Emergency Vehicle Upfitte Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- 2+ years of automotive electrical installation experience, and/or 3+ years of recent experience from an EVT converter/upfitter employer
- Previous automotive mechanic experience with the electrical background required
- Thorough understanding of 12 and 24-volt battery systems.
- EVT Certification highly preferred
- L1, E2, or F4
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- Be subject to a drug test and physical
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Mobile Technologies aims to provide products of the highest function and quality, designing rugged components that serve as tools to those in the mobile workplace. First Mobile Technologies specializes in mobile laptop mounting specific docks and cradles for all major manufacturers as well as a wide variety of supporting peripheral devices such as printers and GPS units.
First Mobile Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website