Senior Heavy Equipment Bus Mechanic
Join the First Transit team as a Senior Heavy Equipment Bus Mechanic!
Servicing the Rutgers University Bus Fleet
Located at Monmouth Junction, NJ and New Brunswick, NJ
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top wages from $28 to $35/hour based on experience and qualifications
- Earn entry salary raises for each ASE Certification!
- Company-paid ASE training and testing with raises for each ASE Certification completed!
- Gain an entry salary raise for having a CDL or for gaining a CDL within the first year!
- Overtime Shifts Available, at time and a half!
- Tool and Boot Allowance Provided!
- Part-Time and Full-Time Positions Available
- Attractive benefits package, including
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) savings plan with company contribution
- 2 Week Paid Vacation (after 90 days) and Paid Holidays and Sick Time
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities, Nationwide leader in Bus Maintenance Services
- A great work environment!
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately using the First Transit INFOR Maintenance System
- Selecting an appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Requirements:
- Technician training/vocational school degree preferred
- 3-5 years of automotive diesel repair experience required; industrial fleet experience preferred
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are required.
- Valid CDL, Class A or B with Passenger & Airbrake Endorsements, Highly Preferred
- Must possess an appropriate mechanic's toolset
- ASE certifications preferred; Company training provided!
*Please Note - All candidates are subject to a drug screen, and DOT physical.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website