Become a part of our First Transit team as a Safety Manager and oversee an operation's safety program. The Safety Manager ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Safety Manager major responsibilities:
- Conduct or supervise interviewing, selection, and recruitment of adequate number of operator applicants to effectively provide safe, efficient, service.
- Manage driver training and may conduct driver training, recommend retraining and discipline as required.
- Conduct or assist General Manager with safety training and meetings. Review accident reports to reduce the number and severity of accidents, maintain complete safety files (an example is accident report, I-9, bus reports, worker compensation injury reports).
- Maintain or coordinate complete personnel record keeping. Maintain substance abuse file.
- Coordinate compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and work closely with General Manager or Designee to accomplish company objectives.
- Must be able to obtain the required license for all vehicles at the Project location, maintain that license, and at times drive a route.
- Must be able to pass all requirements to be qualified as a Vehicle Operator would at the location.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
Safety Manager requirements:
- 2 to 3 years transportation, safety or related experience.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written
- Work extended hours on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Manage personnel effectively.
- Oversee and monitor all safety issues.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Travel as needed to conduct company business.
- Work environments include office, transit facility, fieldwork, maintenance facility, and transit vehicles.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services, and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website