First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring an Entry-Level Fleet Technician I!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for tools, boots, and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- ASE certification bonus money
- A great work environment!
PM Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle preventive maintenance (PM) and inspections to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- PMs include changing fluids, filters, torqueing, cleaning, and inspecting.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
PM Mechanic Qualifications:
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must be able to obtain class B CDL (company to provide training and testing)
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Must participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test and background check
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website