The HR Clerk performs Human Resources reception duties, maintains personnel files and assists the Human Resources Manager.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- A great work environment
- Answer phones and direct all phone calls to appropriate parties
- Greet and help current employees – prepare DOT renewal paperwork.
- Greet all visitors and applicants and give them information and answer their questions
- All filing: Personnel, DOT, Performance, vacation/attendance files
- Interviews – schedule and following up with applicants for interviews
- eArcu – complete from start to finish including helping applicants at kiosk, keeping applicant status updated, to the end of process
- Print monthly calendars
- Termination files – breakdown and prepare for term file cabinet, archive at end of year
- Pass out paychecks
- Help applicants with applications
- New Hire paperwork – including I-9 process, background screenings, etc.
- Keep track of interviews, offers, and starting dates
- Help with Job Fairs - flyers, signs, and planning
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Skills Required:
- Office, data entry, or administrative experience a plus.
- Experience with MS Office products required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years administrative experience preferred
- Must be able to work in a face-paced, high-demand environment
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website