Have you considered being a Transit Van Driver in your community? Now's your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
At First Transit we make a large impact in our community everyday! Everyday our drivers serve the Melrose Park community by providing safe and reliable transportation. Each day our essential drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors' appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! If you love helping people and driving – come work for us! We're immediately hiring to offer the employment experience you desire and the flexibility you need.
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the “lots of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do” line of work!
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Driver barriers have been installed to protect drivers. Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- NEW $16/HR Starting Wage
- $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid PTO/Vacation
- Paid Training (we will help you obtain a CDL)
- Flexible Schedule
- Year round work (unlike a school bus driving positions)
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 5 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to drug test, and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
*Offer Expires 5/31/21, see location for details
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website