Job Purpose: The DBE Compliance Specialist will support First Transit's adherence to DBE compliance, which includes providing program administration, planning, project development, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and analysis of the DBE Compliance Program. Incumbent is responsible for the implementation and administration of the DBE program, including evaluating and monitoring external contracting compliance policies and procedures. The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (“DBE”) is a legislatively mandated USDOT program that applies to federal-aid highway dollars expended on federally assisted contracts issued by USDOT recipients such as State Transportation Agencies (STAs). In addition to the federal program, many transportation contracts have implemented DBE contract requirements.
- Responsible for the DBE Compliance Program administration, planning, project development, implementation, enforcement, and monitoring.
- Assists in the assessment, interpretation and integration of DBE regulatory requirements and contractual obligations.
- Develops, implements, administers, monitors, and evaluates policies, procedures, and programs to ensure that First Transit locations are in compliance with the DBE contract provisions, and such provisions are in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Aids with DBE goal setting, evaluation of bids, and the compliance in achieving set goals. Evaluates procurement materials to determine compliance with DBE goals. Monitors, investigates, reviews, and makes recommendations regarding efforts to achieve compliance with applicable federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to DBE/Labor requirements.
- Assist in overseeing and managing the core regulatory functions such as implementing regulatory changes, training and education, risk assessment and monitoring adherence to standards.
- Identifies and participates in outreach activities to recruit potential DBE's for the program to increase DBE contracting opportunities and the pool of available DBE organizations.
- Analyze, summarize, and support the implementation of regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure successful collaboration and alignment of regulatory requirements and operational areas.
- Conduct regular internal reviews and monitoring to ensure procedures are followed and controls are functioning properly.
- Report key statistics and trends of monitoring functions to compliance leadership for risk mitigation and improvement opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with business units to develop and execute communication and training plans; ensure workforces and vendors are knowledgeable of applicable regulatory requirements and contract obligations.
- Establish effective working relationships and build and maintain credibility within the organization to support a culture of diversity, inclusion, and compliance.
- Report potential risks, non-compliance or alleged violations.
- Support Compliance team projects
- Identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Perform any other job-related instructions as requested and other duties as assigned.
- Research, interpret, and document DBE regulatory requirements for all transit contracts.
- Collaboratively identify potential gaps in operations, procedures or systems and improvement opportunities to meet regulatory or contractual obligations.
- Assist in updating and developing policies and procedures.
- Review regulatory updates and determine applicability to operations.
- Assist in determining and implementing effective and appropriate monitoring programs to ensure continued compliance.
- Assist in development of appropriate compliance alerts, newsletters, and education materials.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in public administration, Business Administration, law, or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related field or other highly regulated industry is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of regulatory or legal research experience is required.
- Ability to review, interpret, and explain legal contract requirements.
- Process improvement or audit experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and ability to interpret applicable regulations and contractual obligations.
- General knowledge of the needs and concerns of participants in a DBE program.
- Ability to develop and coordinate informational meetings on DBE/EEO programs.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines, with flexibility, creativity, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including high-level writing and editing skills, the ability to speak publicly and the ability to explain complex information in a meaningful way.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a high level of professionalism and the ability to establish effective working relationships with key business partners.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of multi-task computer operation in a Windows environment, in particular Windows based PC systems with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Ability to communicate clearly in the English language.
- Meets all Qualifications and Job Requirements and understands all Role and Responsibilities.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website