Now Hiring Bus Operators!
CDL B with Passenger Endorsement Required!
Join the First Transit team and be a part of something great! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to thousands of people each day. First Transit's commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you'll love.
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including:
- paid holidays & vacation
- medical & dental
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Cutting-edge training
Bus Driver requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Must possess a CDL Class B with Passenger Endorsement
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Our Address is: 2900 Century Boulevard Deerfield Beach, FL 33442!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website