Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity. Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you will receive a competitive benefits package that includes: 401k with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and vision).
Responsibilities of an Administrator of Grants and Contracts
- Through interviews and other means, gathers information that will easily allow him/her to grasp the concept of the project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the organization responsible for carrying it out.
- Acquires and maintains sound knowledge and understanding of the company and uses that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which funding will be sought and to recommend the seeking of resources available.
- Researches state, federal, and local resources and analyzes them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
- Compiles, writes, and edits all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling. Completes the following annual reports as required: Federal Section 5311, Federal Section 5307, National Transit Database, and New York State 17A.
- Reviews the data of a project or program for which funding is sought and make recommendations to better present it to resource organizations.
- Develops individual applications and/or proposals in accordance with each resource agency's preferences and follow exactly each organization's guidelines. Processes regular 5307 funding applications as well as ARRA funding applications and ensure reporting requirements are maintained. Processes quarterly applications for State Operating Assistance for New York State municipalities.
- Keeps in contact with resource organizations during their review of a submitted application/proposal in order to be able to supply additional supportive material as necessary.
- Manages the process of supplying progress reports when required by a resource organization that has funded a project or program. Manages Triennial review process every three years for properties that receive Federal oversight.
- Conducts capital equipment procurement activities on behalf of municipalities. This includes oversight of the competitive bid process for rolling stock and related equipment.
- Reviews new contracts to ensure they meet bid proposals as well as contain required State and Federal clauses.
- Serves as liaison between local, New York State, and Federal officials as necessary. Serves as liaison between municipalities and funding agencies.
- Obtains and maintains proper operating authority for NYS operations.
- Writes procurement policies for organization which meet State and Federal regulations.
- Serves as the company internal expert on all FTA/DOT operating requirements and regulations.
What we would like you to possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Transit Administration rules, regulations, and procedures
- 3-5 years' experience with grant writing
- 2-3 years of FTA experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Persuasive and creative writing skills
- Analytical abilities with use of various data
- Excellent communication skills
Apply today to join our team
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website