- Build key relationship with the business stakeholders to gain support and understand their strategic goals and objectives.
- Lead the business unit IT Team to ensure alignment and delivery of projects and services.
- Positively push back on the business where necessary.
- Ensure that IT has a greater understanding of, and is responsive to, current and emerging business needs, and that the business appreciates IT constraints and trade-offs.
- Act as a liaison between the business leadership and the IT leadership
- Manage; coordinate the activities of Business Analysts, Architecture, Delivery and Support staff to ensuring effective support services.
- Develop and coach key staff to increase their skills and business knowledge
- Ensure the appropriate communication is provided to the business units and group IT within a reasonable timeframe.
- Own the specification of Service Level Agreements with the business unit for the IT services delivered.
- Manage all vendor relationships to ensure Service Level Agreements are met and support has a proactive rather than reactive focus.
- Drive, measure and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction with IT services and processes within their business unit.
- Work to manage the demand and priorities balancing Business Unit needs and Group policy requirements.
- Support and guide the business on establishing timely organization change management activities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and development in areas of interest to the business.
- Identify opportunities where technology solutions could be leveraged to assist the business in attaining its strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the deliveries of all IT services are in line with the architecture standards that have been defined.
- Acts as an advocate of IT promoting the department and company's strategic objectives.
- Represent IT as part of any major proposals or client interviews within the bidding process.
- Establishing credibility within the business function of IT capabilities and deliverables to support the business functions.
- Hold technology shared services to account for the delivery of competitive and reliable services
- Work with Group IT on the governance of Business Unit high risk projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree combined with supporting work experience.
- Extensive experience in managing or directing and IT operation.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Proven ability to build an effective strategic plan and deliver high value within a business engagement role.
- Experience in coordinating complex business strategies.
- Extensive experience working in a multi-supplier outsourced environment.
- Broad experience delivering successful IT projects and services.
- Experience in IT portfolio management, business case development, and investment prioritization.
- Knowledge of theory, processes, management, budgeting and office operations.
- Experience in the SDLC function.
- Understanding of project management principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas utilizing business friendly language.
- Ability to negotiate and establish cooperative third-party integrations to support strategic initiatives and business needs.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply on company website