Now Hiring School Bus Drivers In Portland!
At First Student, our Bus Drivers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have genuine, caring attitudes for children. We are your friends, family, and neighbors!
We are proud to offer:
- $19.15- $ 24.90 per hour (we pay more for experience)
- Minimum of 25 Guaranteed Hours each week. (Potential for additional hours)
- $2,000/$2,500 for non-credentialed/training pay*
- $2,500/$3,000 for non-credentialed/NO training pay*
- $4,500 for fully credentialed*
- Training completion pay available upon request.
- Extended Paid Training during Summer after you get license
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Company Pays for Permit Tests, Permit Cost and License Cost
- Weekly Attendance Bonus
- 40 Hours Paid Time Off front loaded (September to September)
- Extra Work Available (Trips / Yard Work)
- Annual increase in pay*
- Company Benefits: First Student offers all employees Medical, Dental, Vision and a 401K plan*.Medical benefits offered through Kaiser Permanente, Dental benefits provided by Cigna Dental, Vision benefits through VSP and a Wells Fargo ran 401K plan*.
**Additionally, First Student covers 65% of an employee's medical (employee only) for the first year and 100% by year 5**
As a First Student Bus Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Safely transports passengers
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process
Requirements of a School Bus Driver:
- Good verbal communication skills
- At least 21 years old
- Valid driver's license for at least 3 years
Through our commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best means we've created a working environment that you'll love.
And, because we're a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you'll also enjoy real security, a brilliant future, and fantastic training.
Apply today to become a part of our team!
Offer Expires 2/28/2021*
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website