Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity. Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you will receive a competitive benefits package that includes 401k with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and vision).
Responsibilities of a District Manager
- Provides leadership to the Location Managers and other employees in order to achieve goals for safety, revenue, cost optimized operations, maintenance and service.
- Represents First Student with school administrators for contract negotiations and represents First Student for all labor negotiations.
- P&L responsibility for the entire region.
- Tracks and addresses trends in KPIs. Leads and develops action plans with Location Manager addressing location performance gaps.
- Tracks and addresses local competitive threats to route share.
- Defines business terms in union and non-union wage negotiations. Negotiates customer contract terms.
- Drive Location Manager ownership of employee recruiting and retention.
- Maintains school decision maker relationships by establishing and growing trusted partnerships with school districts and the community.
- Ensures locations apply safety practices. Model and promote First Student's commitment to Safety.
- Negotiates school contracts with sustainable value and competitive revenue per route.
- Maximizes contract revenue pricing and volumes.
- Provides accurate forecasts of performance to First Student management.
What we would like you to possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related discipline; will consider commensurate work experience.
- 5+ years' experience with proven leadership abilities and transportation or logistic systems knowledge.
- 5+ years' experience managing a P&L, ideally with customer service and safety elements.
- In depth understanding of the KPI's (safety, financial, customers).
- Experience working with unionized employees and negotiating labor contracts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is desired.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Strong presentation skills with interpersonal savvy in dealing with customers.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong business background in financial, strategic, and organizational analysis.
Apply today to join our team
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website