DIESEL MECHANIC (MID-LEVEL)
$1500 Sign-on Bonus**
Our First Student facility in Council Bluffs, IA needs a reliable Mid-Level Diesel Mechanic with 3-5 years of hands-on diesel and/or gas engine experience. Our mid-level mechanics will concentrate on brake repairs, light engine work and some diagnostics. Mid-level Diesel Mechanics must be properly certified and licensed as well as have the experience necessary to provide our customers with optimal service. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Diesel Mechanic Job Duties Include:
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts.
- Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and additional repairs needed.
- Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs; as assigned.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Diesel Mechanic Job Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3+ years hands-on diesel/gas engine maintenance experience (vocational training a plus).
- Ability to perform inspections/diagnostics with minimal supervision.
- Meet minimum age requirement: 18 years of age.
- Must have own set of basic tools.
- Computer proficiency.
Diesel Mechanic Required License/Certifications:
- Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL (preferred; but not required)
- ASE Certification(s) (preferred; but not required)
What we offer:
- Competitive pay $23-$25/hour (+ ASE certification incentive programs)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Boot & Prescription Safety Glass Allowance
- Paid Training (Class B CDL & ASE Certifications)
- Fleet size/model type: 73 buses; mix of Freightliners/Internationals
At First Student, a division of FirstGroup, associates are offered the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why First Student, should be your FIRST choice.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
**Terms & conditions apply
**Must apply on or before 02/14/2021 to be eligible for sign-on bonus.
Apply on company website