Work Status Details: Full Time | 80.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: 40 hrs/week, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Department: Family Medicine Clinic FRPS | Reports To: Clinic Manager-Occupational Health
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care.As a provider-led multispecialty healthcare team, Faith Regional Physician Services is committed to delivering high-quality, comprehensive services to the people of Northeast Nebraska.
The Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse will assist with the assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating of patient care in the clinic practice setting. Responsible for documentation of interventions, outcomes, and patient/family education. Collaborates with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to provide continuity of care. The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the direction and assignment of nursing interventions that may be performed by others. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-appropriate patient care and is accountable to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and procedures to meet needs of age/diversity of population served for the following age groups:
☐ Neonate (birth – 28 days)
☐ Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
☒ Pediatric/Child (1 year – 12 years)
☒ Adolescent (12 years – 18 years)
☒ Adult (18 years – 65 years)
☒ Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Incorporates cultural considerations in the provisions of care.
- Knowledge of growth and developmental stages.
- Considers life changes/effects on health beliefs and behaviors.
- Provides necessary safety measures.
- Provides information and involves family/caregiver in decision making.
Performs all responsibilities/duties required by Faith Regional Physician Services as defined in the scope of practice, to assure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed. This includes, but is not limited to, the age of the patient served.
- Consistently demonstrate competent use of the nursing process to assess, prioritize, formulate, implement, evaluate and adapt the interdisciplinary plan of care to meet the patient's age-specific needs.
- Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and procedures to meet need of age/diversity of population served.
- Upon presentation, consistently and accurately perform and document vital signs, chief complaint, and medical/psychosocial history (to include allergies).
- Consistently and skillfully perform and document physical screening and tests, including but not limited to, EKG, audiometry, glucometer, collection of cultures, urine testing, and TB testing.
- Assist the provider with biopsies, cystoscopies, CMG's, cast application and removal, injections and other procedures as directed.
- Accurately perform and document all procedures and treatments administered to patients during clinic visits, includes application of dressing and supportive devices.
- Schedule surgery and obtain appropriate insurance authorizations.
- Order supplies necessary for the clinic.
- Clean and process clinic instruments and equipment.
- Participate in the discharge plan as appropriate and provides continuity of care to meet the patient's changing needs and monitors the outcomes.
- Contribute to and communicate the plan of care with patient/family/significant other and relays pertinent information through appropriate documentation and communication.
- Carry out provider orders within the scope of nursing practice.
- Call and e-prescribe of fax medication orders from provider to appropriate pharmacy and document those orders.
- Complete medical records with appropriated codes, charges and documentation per policy.
- Record information on the patient record in accordance with accepted standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Recognize changes in patient status, based on assessments, and communicate with the provider.
- Perform technical aspects of patient care according to established policies and procedures.
- Initiate appropriate nursing action in crisis or emergency situations.
- Provide appropriate patient care under direct supervision of the provider or Registered Nurse.
- Contribute to the education of patients, families, significant others in order to meet the identified educational needs by utilizing available resources.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic patient environment.
- Participate in the assessment of patient/family's level of understanding of their rights and responsibilities as healthcare consumers and includes them in decision making
- Contributes to the education of patients, families, significant others in order to meet the identified educational needs by utilizing available resources.
- Assist in identifying patient's needs through communication and the interdisciplinary planning process.
- Contribute to the caring environment of the workplace.
- Assist with implementation of policies and standards from professional and/or specialty organizations in the practice setting.
- Increase knowledge about the ethical, legal and professional standards of nursing.
- Promote the profession of nursing in the community.
- Demonstrate professional accountability.
- Work to maintain positive team relationships with coworkers, providers and other members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and offer solutions.
- Facilitate the implementation of change projects.
- Enhance the collegial environment of the clinic in a positive manner.
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license or temporary from the State of Nebraska required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) obtained within one full month from date of hire required.
Previous clinical experience required.
Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language required.
Computer Skills – Ability to use computers and related technology efficiently required.
Customer Service required.
Time Management – Ability to manage time and tasks efficiently required.
Interpersonal Skills – Ability to socially interact and communicate with others in a positive and professional manner required.
Current, valid driver's license issued in the state of legal residence required.
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website