Work Status Details: Full Time | 72.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: Four Days a Week 7:45-5:00 with Rotating Call
Department: Cardiac Cath Lab | Reports To: Manager-Cardiac Services
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care.
The Technologists works effectively to collaborate with physicians, nurses, or other Cath Lab personnel in delivering patient care to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of all Cath Lab procedures. The Technologists possess expertise in the theory or application of sterile and aseptic technique along with expertise in radiology equipment and all supplies within the Cath Lab suites. The Technologists is responsible for the supervision or the delegation of tasks to appropriate individuals and skills necessary to provide patient care and is accountable to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and procedures to meet needs of age/diversity of population served for the following age groups:
☐ Neonate (birth – 28 days)
☐ Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
☐ Pediatric/Child (1 year – 12 years)
☐ Adolescent (12 years – 18 years)
☒ Adult (18 years – 65 years)
☒ Geriatric (over 65 years)
· Incorporates cultural considerations in the provisions of care.
· Knowledge of growth and developmental stages.
· Considers life changes/effects on health beliefs and behaviors.
· Provides necessary safety measures.
· Provides information and involves family/caregiver in decision making.
2. Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the Cardiac Catheterization Lab as defined in the scope of practice, to assure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed. This includes but is not limited to the age of the patient served.
· Positions patients and/or equipment to efficiently obtain high quality radiographs
· Understands the basics of radiation
· Under direction of a physician, administer appropriate contrast agents according to department protocol and maintain current knowledge of these agents and their indications/contraindications.
· Assist physician with procedures by operating radiation equipment
· Wears film badge to assure compliance to standards
· Uses protective devices and techniques according to department radiation safety guidelines
· Participates in inventory management; orders, stores, rotates supplies, checks outdate
· ACLS certified
· Heart rhythm recognition along with normal hemodynamic measurements
· Attends mandatory in-services
· Maintains departmental competencies
· Attends 80% of all department staff meetings
· Must possess knowledge of sterile and aseptic technique
· Must be able to prepare the sterile setup and anticipate the needs of the physician
§ Knows and assists with proper care, maintenance and replacement of surgery instruments
· Provides appropriate patient care within your scope
· Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per organization policy. Pursues professional growth and development
· Functions as a role model for current and new staff
§ Understands and adheres to Faith Regional Health Services Corporate Compliance Plan. Personal Conduct Policy, Safe Environment Policy, Grievance Policy, Confidentiality, Safety and Security, Infection Control, HIPPA, and other departmental and organizational policies, procedures and guidelines
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION (Minimum Requirements for Position): Required
GED or High School Diploma
Completion of training program in Radiologic Technology or Cardiovascular Technology from an approved accredited school
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) obtained within one full month from date of hire
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) obtained within one year from date of hire
For Radiologic Technologists: Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and State of Nebraska Medical Radiography License
For Cardiovascular Technologists: Complete and maintain Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
Skills/Knowledge Requirements: Required
Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Other Certifications/Requirements: Required
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website