Work Status Details: Full Time | 80.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Exempt from Overtime: Non-Exempt
Shift Details: 4-10hour shift per week with call
Department: EchoVascular | Reports To: Manager-Cardiac Services
The mission of Faith Regional Health Services is to serve Christ by providing all people with exemplary medical services in an environment of love and care.
Performs cardiac and/or vascular diagnostic services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures with the knowledge and understanding of differences in patient care required based on age, medical history, race, and religious beliefs. Assists in updating policy and procedures as the lab continues to grow and develop an outreach program. Participates as a member of clinical interdisciplinary team and is responsible to carry out the mission, vision, values and quality commitment of Faith Regional Health Services to all internal/external customers.
The listing of job duties contained in this job description is not all inclusive. Duties may be added or subtracted at any time due to the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates ability to appropriately modify approach and procedures to meet needs of age/diversity of population served for the following age groups:
☐ Neonate (birth – 28 days)
☐ Infant (29 days – less than 1 year)
☐ Pediatric/Child (1 year – 12 years)
☒ Adolescent (12 years – 18 years)
☒ Adult (18 years – 65 years)
☒ Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Incorporates cultural considerations in the provisions of care.
- Knowledge of growth and developmental stages.
- Considers life changes/effects on health beliefs and behaviors.
- Provides necessary safety measures.
- Provides information and involves family/caregiver in decision making.
Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the EchoVascular department as defined in the scope of practice, to assure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed. This includes but is not limited to the age of the patient served.
- Acquires and analyzes data obtained using ultrasound and related diagnostic technologies.
- Provides an oral or written summary of preliminary findings to the interpreting physician and/or to the patient's physician to aid in patient diagnosis and management.
- Uses independent judgment and systematic problem-solving methods to produce high quality diagnostic information and optimize patient care.
- Operates and maintains all equipment used in the performance of any cardiovascular procedure.
- Recognizes changes in patient status based on interpretation of assessments and carries our physician's orders.
- Effectively and appropriately prioritizes activities and adjust to changing circumstances.
- Cross-trains into other related departments and assists in absence of regular staff.
- Documents diagnostic and patient data on proper forms and records exceptions from the established protocols and procedures.
- Processes patient charges in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follows through with flow of departmental paperwork.
- Patient diagnostic testing log
- Doctor's over reading boxes
Hours will be dependent on patient census and workload. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, to include after-hours and weekends as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Graduate of an accredited sonography program OR an approved course in medical sonography required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Associate Degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Basic Life Support (BLS) obtained within one full month from date of hire required.
Current American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained in appropriate ultrasound modalities OR become registered with appropriate ultrasound modalities within two years from date of hire required.
Previous clinical experience preferred.
Previous healthcare experience required.
Combination of 2+ years of education and experience in position field preferred.
Language Skills – Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language required.
Faith Regional Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Apply on company website