Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Speech Language Pathologist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Fairview Park Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Fairview Park Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Speech Language Pathologist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the healthcare team the Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, recording and implementing a treatment plan to achieve the goals of the patient as it relates to social and cognitive communication as well as swallowing disorders. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
· You will conduct patient assessments and evaluations to determine physical condition, limitations, medical histories and patient goals
· You will enable patients with speech and language disorders, whether it is receptive or expressive, to communicate as effectively and clearly as possible
· You will assist the physician with determining appropriate dietary feeding levels for patients with dysphagia and progress the level through the use of therapeutic techniques as appropriate
· You will provide education to the patient/family and effectively document the therapy process
· You will communicate and collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team including other therapists, physicians and nurses to best treat the patient
What qualifications you may need:
· Graduation from an accredited school of a Master's level Speech Language Pathology program is required
· Must be licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation
· Must have Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCCs) per ASHA
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Prior acute care and/or inpatient rehab experience working as a Speech Therapist is preferred and/or familiarity with performing and reading swallowing assessments
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Fairview Park Hospital is a 175+ bed acute-care hospital serving the City of Dublin, Laurens County, and the surrounding communities. Our hospital provides 24-hour emergency services, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, and rehabilitation therapy services. Other specialized programs include our Sleep Center at Fairview Park, the Same Day Surgery Center, the Heart Center at Fairview Park, the Women's Imaging Center and much more. We are committed to providing the best for our community. Our facility's stroke center scored “A” on Patient Safety Report Card. We have been named one of the nation's top 100 hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, IBM Watson Health.
At Fairview Park Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
""Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Language Pathologist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website