DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as an Operating Room Registered Nurse that you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Fairview Park Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Fairview Park Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated OR RN like you to be a part of our team.
The Operating Room Registered Nurse will provide professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality health care. The Operating Room Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with the surgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
- You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
- You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
- You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
- You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
- You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient's procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
- You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient's genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Perioperative Nursing is strongly preferred
Fairview Park Hospital is a leader in healthcare for the city of Dublin, Georgia, Dublin-Laurens County, and the surrounding communities. Fairview Park is a state-of-the-art, almost 200 bed acute care facility providing community healthcare services. Our commitment to providing the best for our community is evidenced by being named a primary stroke center, score of “A” on Patient Safety Report Card and being named one of the nation's top 100 hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, IBM Watson Health. Additionally, Fairview Park Hospital has the area's only accredited sleep center.
Whether it is golfing, fishing, shopping, volunteering or just spending time, Dublin-Laurens County offers a wide variety of leisure time activities including a month-long celebration of St. Patrick's Day. Since 1966 this family-oriented celebration has grown into a major event, drawing thousands of visitors from all over the country. Dublin-Laurens County is centrally located in Middle Georgia half way between Atlanta & Savannah. Laurens County is the third largest county in Georgia based on land size with 45,000 residents. The City of Dublin is proud to be called one of the 10 Georgia Cities of Excellence by the Georgia Municipal Cooperation in competition with 55 other communities for “exemplary service to citizens.”
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Fairview Park Hospital, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website