To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Employee Benefits Account Manager (AM) works with the Account Executive (AE) to assist with the maintenance of a client's employee benefits program and the day-to-day service of the account. The AM is responsible for assisting with the marketing process, from collecting census data to preparing benefits spreadsheets. The AM is responsible for preparing/coordinating materials for open enrollments, including guides and cards, as well as assisting with open enrollments and health fairs. The AM is also responsible for updating various client and internal systems, assisting the AE with collecting and reviewing contracts and other data, and servicing the day-to-day needs of the client and its employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assist the AE in collecting data to prepare the Request for Proposal (RFP) for presentation to carriers (or marketing manager on large clients), track carrier responses, and help assemble the marketing spreadsheets for AE review.
- Draft open enrollment communication materials and wallet cards and assist with the coordination of and support open enrollment meetings and health fairs.
- Collect contracts, experience data, 5500 information, and other data as needed to assist in servicing the client.
- Process BORs, update internal systems, update client HR/employee portals, and prepare invoices, as necessary.
- Assist with the resolution of client and employee issues regarding bill discrepancies, claims issues, etc.
- Provide additional administrative support to the service teams for new and existing clients.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Work with AE to set priorities and manage workflow for self to ensure goals are met.
- Maintain up-to-date workflow logs, and update benefits information on agency management systems, manuals or other required documentation and records.
- Be responsive and Interact with others effectively utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance as needed to achieve the business goals of the Company.
- Stay informed regarding industry information, new product/program developments, coverages, legislation, technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- General knowledge of coverages and services regarding Employee benefits.
- Intermediate knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as various Microsoft Office programs to include Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities.
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and without direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Experienced with agency management systems and HR portals, and the capability to learn and use other systems quickly and effectively.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required; some college preferred.
- Prefer two or more years' experience as an Associate Account Manager or Client Service Representative with a benefits consulting or brokerage firm, or comparable experience with an insurance carrier, or TPA.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft Office computer software applications to include Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The position continually requires teamwork, responsiveness, demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Life and Health License; Preferred, or willing to obtain within 60 days of hire date.
- Valid Driver License
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply on company website