Job Title: Client Manager, Property & Casualty SUMMARY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes applications, policies, endorsements, binders, certificates, audit requests and other items related to the servicing of clients. (Certificates may be issued by a Unit Assistant, however Account Manager is ultimately responsible for timeliness and accuracy.)
- Assists clients with policy coverage, exclusions and related questions and assists Producers in servicing clients.
- Services client accounts with oversight of Producers or Account Executives, which includes research/analysis and handling of client questions on coverage and other policy/contractual issues. Makes routine policy adjustments.
- Conducts renewal process with oversight of Producers or Account Executives, including exposure analysis/renewal questionnaires/experience data, contractual requirements for insurance, etc.), strategizes with Producer/Account Executive whether to market and if applicable, conducts market comparisons by analyzing insurance rate and renewal information, obtains and evaluates quotes, negotiates premiums, prepares proposal, and oversees accuracy of insurance binder.
- Provides support to Producers and, if applicable, Account Executives, including preparing presentations and proposals, and participating in team meetings if asked.
- Maintains client files in appropriate systems; prepares billing and provides standard office/administrative support.
- Consistently establishes and maintains high levels of trust and confidence with clients through periodic contacts, and by promptly responding and resolving client questions and issues;
- Process all applications, policies, endorsements, incoming mail, binders, schedules, certificates, audits, and other items related to the servicing of clients policies in a timely and accurate manner or have oversight of unit assistant's work product on assigned accounts.
- Inform and educate clients about policy coverage, changes, exclusions, and insurance coverage needs. Assist clients in making coverage changes;
- Responsible for timely, accurate invoicing and monthly expirations;
- Meet all quality and timeliness standards in the Agency Management System while properly documenting all activity;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- In conjunction with the Producer, determine strategy which includes coverage determination, target pricing, marketing determination;
- Submit applications with proper supporting documentation and follow up to ensure timely receipt of quotes and policies;
- Aggressively and professionally negotiate premiums and commissions with underwriters and wholesalers;
- Prepare proposals and provide other technical support in the sales new or renewal process as needed;
- Other duties may be assigned.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Set priorities and manage workflow for self to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of all responsibilities;
- Maintain cordial and effective relations with clients, co-workers, carriers, wholesalers, vendors, and other business contacts;
- Maintain up-to-date proposals, workflow logs, manuals or other required documentation and records;
- Interact with others effectively utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance as needed to achieve the business goals of the Company;
- Stay informed regarding industry information, new product/program developments, coverages, legislation, technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Work effectively to resolve problems or enhance service in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ensure expert knowledge is maintained
- N / A
- Full knowledge of Property Casualty lines of coverage and services;
- Recognize problems and respond appropriately
- Able to analyze situations logically in order to draw solid conclusions
- Demonstrate experience with Agency Management Systems, rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned clients and prospects;
- Advanced knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as various Microsoft Office programs to include Windows, Outlook, Word & Excel;
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities;
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priority;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and without direct supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required. College degree a plus.
- Two or more years experience in a small to mid-size brokerage.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft Office computer software applications to include word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires teamwork, demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Valid Driver License
- California Fire and Casualty Broker License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel independently to clients.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply on company website