We are looking for an Assistant Property Claims Consultant to handle the administrative component for commercial property and marine/cargo claims. Handle case load that includes reporting new claims, coordinating the documentation to support a claim and negotiating the claim to a successful settlement. Learn the claim process, application of policy language and advocacy for clients. The goal is to train this new hire to become a Property Claim Consultant.
- Report all property claims and create an electronic file for each claim
- Input and track property claims into a claims tracking database (Excel)
- Follow up for acknowledgements from insurers to ensure that the claims are received and update all tracking information
- Follow up on claims including coordinating adjusters activities with clients, create a diary system
- Produce loss runs for clients and insurers
- Have a database or system pertained to renewals to let Consultants know when a renewal is coming. The purpose of this task is to ensure proper policy language, review loss history with broker, assign a loss adjuster, review reporting procedures with client, etc.…
- Ensure all files are up to date with policies and SOV's
- Organize electronic files on a per client and per claim basis for access to selected parties
- Serve as a backup for all clients. Must be able to assist on a claim when necessary.
- Learn the basics of the property claims industry
- Review policy language and understand how it applies to each specific client
- Coordinate Property Claims Advocacy into each deliverable to all Epic clients
- Mentor into handing basic property claims by participating in conference calls and meetings with the goal of handling their own accounts
- Participate in RFP's
- Participate in monthly claims calls with clients to provide monthly updates
- Track payments
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply on company website