Envision Physician Services and Fawcett Memorial Hospital are seeking Hospitalist to join our team located in beautiful Port Charlotte, Florida.
Hospital Department Features:
- Average daily census is 18-20
- Block Schedule; 7a-7p
- 2 physicians scheduled daily
- Physicians rotate pager call at night
- Hospitalists will manage ICU patients
- Procedures NOT required
- Hospitalist do NOT respond to codes
- EMR: Meditech
- Employee Status with comprehensive benefits that includes medical, dental, vision insurance and 401k
- Occurrence Based Malpractice and Tail coverage provided by Envision Physician Services
- Envision Physician Services also manages the Emergency Department allows for excellent interdepartmental synergy
Hospitalist must be a Board Certified or Board Prepared Internal Medicine Physician
About the Facility
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 238-bed, full-service acute care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975.
- Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center
- Comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program
- Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center
- Wound management and hyperbaric medicine
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery
- State of the art cardiovascular surgery program
- Sports & rehabilitation services, and many outpatient programs
About the Community
Found along Florida's welcoming Gulf Coast, Port Charlotte is located about halfway between Sarasota and Fort Myers.
- Perfectly positioned to offer every manner of water activities.
- Port Charlotte has more than 165 miles of waterways, providing access to Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf of Mexico and many more miles of natural shoreline bordering Charlotte Harbor and the Peace and Myakka rivers.
- Seven of the 21 golf courses located in Charlotte County are found in Port Charlotte. Charlotte Sports Park is home to spring training for the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Tippecanoe Environmental Park offers hiking trails and wildlife viewing through 380 acres of scrub and pine flat-woods.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website