Emergency Medicine Residency Founding Program Director Opportunity in Independence, Missouri
Centerpoint Medical Center is seeking an Emergency Medicine Program Director for their new residency program in Independence, Missouri
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine with a minimum of three years' experience
- Previous experience as an Associate Program Director, Core Faculty member or Department Chair is required
- Available to begin work in spring 2023
- Ability to obtain Missouri licensure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on obtaining initial ACGME accreditation through submission of application.
- Recruit and select candidates for the residency program through the National Residency Matching Program.
- Provide accurate statistical and narrative information in accordance with the requirements of the ACGME and the ACGME's Review Committee for Emergency Medicine.
- Maintain current knowledge of the accreditation and operational requirements of the residency program, including monitoring current trends and anticipating changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of GME finance and reimbursement as it pertains to the Emergency Medicine residency program.
- Assure that faculty meet research and scholarly activity requirements of the program, including active participation in the clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, and research conferences in a manner that promotes a spirit of inquiry and scholarship.
- Collaborate with the faculty to evaluate resident performance in relation to the educational objectives of the program and the ACGME's milestones for Emergency Medicine.
- The Program Director shall establish and maintain a Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) in accordance with ACGME requirements and shall maintain appropriate documentation of the evaluation process in accordance with ACGME requirements.
- Competitive W2 compensation
- Robust benefits include medical, dental, vision and 401K
- A-rated professional liability insurance
About the Facility
About Centerpoint Medical Center:
- Centerpoint Medical Center features 285+ private rooms, 440+ physicians on the medical staff, a strong complement of subspecialists, and 1300+ staff.
Hospital & ER features include the only Level II Trauma Center in eastern Jackson County; an accredited chest pain center and variety of cardiovascular services; orthopedic services including total joint and sports medicine; stroke center with Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification; women's services; among many others.
About the Community
The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people as well as home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others. KCI Airport features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. For the food enthusiast—KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now.
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website