Envision Physician Services is currently seeking a Nocturnist Emergency Medicine Physician to join our team at HCA Florida Westside Regional Medical Center in the Fort Lauderdale area (Plantation, FL). Candidates must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM). Must also have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Physician will rotate between the Main ED and the Free-standing ER located in Plantation, former site of Plantation General Hospital.
Emergency Room features:
- 55,000 ER visits per year
- 2.0 pph
- ED consists of 43 beds
- 55 hours physician coverage
- 20 hours of Advanced Practice Provider coverage
- EMR: Meditech, Pdoc, and dragon dictation
- Approximately 15% pediatrics
- Admission rate approximately 25%
- Comprehensive stroke faculty with new biplane
- Interventional cardiac catheterization facility
- 24 hour in house hospitalists
- 24 hour in house intensivists
- No floor code or consult responsibilities
- Newly Accredited EM Residency. Additional Educational opportunities with PA students, medical students, and podiatry residents
- Occurrence Based Malpractice
- Independent Contractor (1099)
Plantation Free-Standing Emergency Department features:
- 28,000 ER visits
- Staffed with 24/hrs Physician coverage and 24 hours of APP coverage
- Shifts can be split amongst the Main ER at Westside in addition to this FSER or can be full time at this FSER
- Patients needing to be admitted to an inpatient bed will be transported to the main campus with seamless care handoff to our excellent intensivists, hospitalists, and specialists
About the Facility
HCA Florida Westside Regional Medical Center provides comprehensive healthcare to the residents of Broward County. Founded in 1974, HCA Florida Westside Regional Medical Center has evolved into a 224-bed medical center and healthcare complex continuously expanding and bringing on the latest technology that enables us to provide leading edge services to the population we serve. Construction of their new 3-story patient tower completed in the summer of 2019 added 72 private rooms to our facility and offer our patients more comfort and privacy during their stay. Their medical services, combined with programs in specialties varying from oncology to cardiology, from surgery to emergency care, illustrate why they are one of the best leading healthcare facilities in South Florida. HCA Florida Westside Regional Medical Center also offers the community the latest in minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery - and are very excited to be one of only 9 Joint Commission certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery.
In the latest news we have a second ER location in Plantation, Florida. This ER, conveniently located on State Road 7, and the former site of Plantation General Hospital, is staffed with an expert emergency team ready to provide the same level of exceptional, rapid care.
About the Community
Plantation, Florida speaks for itself with affordable housing, excellent school system and only minutes to the well-known Sawgrass Mall. It is geographically located 10 miles west of Fort Lauderdale; 20 miles north of Miami/Dade County; and 15 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. Enjoy the pleasures of living in a community that offers picturesque beaches, a tranquil ambiance and magnificent tropical climate!
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With our national network of clinicians who are committed to delivering high-quality care, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 29 million patients a year and support healthcare partners at 1,400 clinical departments across the nation.
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat patients through more than 16 million emergency department and inpatient encounters, support the delivery of more than 144,000 babies, conduct more than 8 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.4 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply on company website