Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Mechanical Technician (Boilermaker) will perform mechanical functions and duties of inspecting, checking, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing all stationary (or fixed) equipment in order to maintain high levels of safe and productive equipment performance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Routine maintenance of mechanical equipment such as block valves, control valves, air compressors, valve actuators, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of tanks, vessels, filters, and associated components.
- Installation of equipment, valves, filters elements, piping, blind flanges, figure-8 blinds, and slip blinds.
- Ability to work under fresh air, in confined spaces, and climb tall structures.
- Knowledge and use of torque equipment: manual, hydraulic and pneumatic, and knows how to read torque charts and understand torque sequence.
- Knowledge and use of hydro-test equipment and understand how to use chart recorders.
- Able to interpret blue prints, drawings and P&ID's.
- Able to disassemble and assemble industrial equipment such as dryers, treaters and reactor components, fired heaters and condensers.
- Familiar with API, ANSI and NFPA Standards.
- Able to work on piping systems with making up flanged connections and adjusting various types of piping supports and hangers and aligning pipe.
- Able to remove and reinstall channel heads, dollar plates and remove, test and install exchanger bundles.
- Knowledge of the size, classification and type of gaskets used on pipelines, vessels and fixed equipment.
- Able to operate mobile equipment including trucks, forklifts and cranes.
- Knowledgeable of rigging equipment and the different types of lifting techniques and the safety inspections and checks required before use.
- Must be able to use SCBA and APR's in accordance with their design.
- Participate and successfully complete training programs, process safety management reviews, and safety meetings required to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Must meet the requirements of the Company's Operator Qualification program to perform identified covered tasks and remain compliant or work under the direct supervision and observation of an individual who has previously been qualified with the Company's and Code of Federal Regulation requirements.
- Reviews procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards to meet all regulatory agency requirements.
- Properly completes records of time and required regulatory reports.
- Maintains close contact with the Area Supervisor regarding maintenance trouble reports and scheduled equipment maintenance to effect a minimum interruption of product throughput.
- Ability to optimize work to effect a minimal amount of overtime, including nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Performs remedial and preventative maintenance and maintains facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices inside and outside of the facilities.
- Participates in available cross training to effectively develop skills in areas specific to other technicians.
- Utilizes precision tools and test equipment as needed.
- Performs regulatory required inspections.
- Obtains services from contractors to perform specialty services and supervises their work.
- Trains and guides others to learn duties of Mechanical Technician.
- Perform any other job duties as directed by the Lead Technician or Supervisor.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical environment or energy related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years mechanical experience is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with basic troubleshooting and maintenance skills is required.
- Must have a current driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to read and understand, analyze and interpret documents, equipment repair manuals, reports and federal, state and local codes and regulations.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner is required.
- The ability to modify communication style in order to influence, persuade, negotiate, and engage all parties according to the audience and circumstance is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with less definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
- The ability to take call-outs and work overtime is required.
- Must live or relocate to within 1 hour of reporting location.
Apply on company website