Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity. The Pipeline Operator performs terminal and station operations both in and outside responsibilities. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and executes crude oil delivery to appropriate pipelines or tankage.
- Performs measurement analysis to determine crude oil API gravity and sediment and water percentage.
- Monitors operational data during crude oil movements and takes appropriate actions when necessary.
- Ensures safety and protection of the environment for activities performed by terminal maintenance, inspection, and crude oil washing activities.
- Monitors terminal equipment during operational activities to ensure proper function.
- Performs tank-to-tank transfers when necessary.
- Gathers and organizes measurement data, including meter counts, sediment and water data, and other related information.
- Enters measurement data into ticketing system, analyzing the data once entered and correcting any errors.
- Performs basic maintenance activities, general housekeeping, and other related activities.
- Plans and executes equipment and pipeline drain activities prior to maintenance or new construction work.
- Assigns work permits for company and contract personnel working at local facilities.
- Communicates operational information, maintenance needs, and other related information to internal and external customers in both verbal and written form.
- Coordinates emergency response activities when necessary and can act as first responder when required.
- Capable of activating emergency response plan for the area, including making necessary preliminary notifications.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Technical certification or equivalent training/experience in a processing plant, pipeline or similar industry is desired.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Minimum of 3 years stable work history, preferably in the energy industry.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
- Must be willing to work a 12 hour rotating shift, includes weekends and holidays
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and possess basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Good verbal/ written communication skills, decision making skills and strong work ethic.
- Able to maintain and promote good working relationships within a team environment.
- Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs and must live or relocate to within 1 hour response time of job assignment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently or in a team environment and willing to learn.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Must have a history of being dependable and reliable, take pride in a job well done, and enjoy working hard.
- Candidate must have good organizational skills, excellent attention to detail.
- Good customer relation skills with the ability to interface with land owners and other corporate and field personnel.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must wear special safety equipment while working and must be able to lift and put on emergency breathing apparatus and/or protective equipment.
Apply on company website