About the Role
The Analytic Center of Excellence (ACE) Lead Data Scientist independently leads initiatives using extensive data science expertise to understand internal and external customers' strategic business objectives, relate those objectives to measurable indicators and focus on delivering analytic products and services to create new insights and strategies promoting continuous performance improvements for the company. The ACE Lead Data Scientist specializes in applying advanced skills and expertise to create efficiencies and improve the decision making process for internal business units by developing and implementing advanced statistical and mathematical solutions. In addition, this position proactively seeks new data technologies, opportunities for automation and or other efficiencies for the team while assisting the manager with opportunities for employee development.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental provider in the world as measured by revenue and fleet. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management which combined offer a total transportation solution that includes extensive car rental and car-sharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales accounted for $24.1 billion in revenue and operated 2 million vehicles throughout the world in 2018. Enterprise Holdings annual revenues also place it near the top of the global travel industry, exceeding all other rental car companies, many airlines, and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. Enterprise Holdings regional subsidiaries and Enterprise Fleet Management currently employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
Through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises, Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations. The Enterprise Holdings global network operates in more than 90 countries and territories, including North America, Central America, South America, the Caribbean and Europe, as well as parts of Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Today, the companys three brands serve more than 95 percent of the worldwide car rental market.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Lead the design and delivery of end-to-end advanced analytical solutions that address the business needs
- Independently extract, clean and manipulate both structured and unstructured datasets
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate hypotheses and extract actionable insights
- Develop statistical and/or mathematical models that are put in production; assess current models in production and identify opportunities for enhancement and automation
- Independently deliver detailed documentation including descriptions of efforts, results, insights and recommendations
- Present the findings and recommendations to other ACE members and all levels of management
- Partner with other ACE Teams to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Provide guidance to other Data Scientists on the team; Assist the Manager with training and development
- Evaluate new data technologies to determine the effectiveness of the solution and its feasibility
- Seek to develop strategies to link the team's analytical activities with business goals and objectives
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science or a related quantitative field required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 6+ years experience data mining and developing statistical and/or mathematical models using R, Python, or CPLEX
- 6+ years experience with SQL and/or Python programming or directly querying relational databases such as Teradata, SQL Server, or Oracle
- 6+ years experience with building statistical and/or mathematical models that are put in production
- 4+ years experience preparing and giving presentations to non-technical audiences, including all levels of management
- 2+ years experience applying strategic analytics within a corporate setting
- 2+ years experience with conceptualizing new analytical products or enhancing existing products by using advanced analytical techniques
- Experience guiding and mentoring other data scientists
Persuading and Influencing
Working With a Team
Apply on company website