Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers expectations.
On the Platform Services team you are responsible for the development, engineering, and operational strategy for the API Gateway and Microservices Platform that supports application development and execution for both internal and external customers.Your primary responsibility will be the development and enhancement of the customer facing API manager that publishes and open API spec to the API Gateway.
As a Software Engineer 3 on the Platform Services team you will be responsible for evaluating, designing, automating, testing, documenting, and supporting Enterprise Holdings API gateway and microservices solution. You will focus on ensuring that the Platform Services products and services meets the needs of the end user and operational teams by building the platform and services with the highest levels of scalability, supportability, and reliability. You will work closely with your teammates to develop, plan, and deliver an enterprise class API platform solution.
This position will have a 24x7 on call rotation every 4 weeks.
- Intellectual curiosity. This is paramount. People who require strict work boundaries and/or prefer to focus within a single technical domain are not a good fit.
- Energetic team member. We are looking for someone with passion and personality who loves a challenge. This person has strong engineering instincts and can sense risks while navigating towards solutions.
- Automate everything mentality. Understanding how to integrate disparate technologies using vendor APIs and orchestration tools is paramount to the success of this candidate. This person needs to be interested in more than clicking a button; this person needs to be interested in creating the button that others click.
- Ability to see the bigger picture. This person will understand the connections among all elements of a solution. They will help others see how their systems and related decisions connect to the bigger picture and affect success.
- Excellent communication skills. This person is an active listener and fully engaged communicator. S/he will plug into projects and not wait for questions to be packaged up and delivered but will actively participate in the ongoing dialogue of the project.
- Comfortable with uncertainty (and the certainty of change). This person can anticipate change and is willing to embrace uncertainty confidently knowing that they can adapt without losing their cool.
- Execution orientated. This person loathes doing nothing and can define their path forward from a high-level vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 5 or more years of related experience
- 4 or more years of combined experience developing applications using Kotlin and Java
- Experience in delivering software through entire SDLC process
- Proven success adapting to new technologies, and working outside of your comfort zone
- Must be able to prioritize projects and tasks while adhering to the overall Information Technology standards
- Must be capable of leading meetings and discussions focused on the creation of the overall solution versus the underlying technology
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Demonstrated customer service support ethic and focus to deliver the highest, most consistent level of customer service to our customers and partners
- Flexible to facilitate an on-call rotation schedule for incident response and maintenance activities
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment
- Experience building customer facing applications
- Experience using the Spring Java library
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or a cloud-hosted environment
- Strong knowledge of RESTful services
- Strong knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS protocol, Web APIs, XML, YAML, JSON, SOA/Web services and best practices
- Experience with Chef, Jenkins, CloudFormation, Terraform, or similar tools
- Experience working with Linux and networking
- Experience programming with OS level (bash) scripting, AWS resource deployment, security configuration and the well architected framework, XML/JSON transformation and PostGres, as well as previous work with plugin development, modification and integration preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information or related
Apply on company website