Security Officer II will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of patients, employees, physicians, visitors, and hospital property. These responsibilities include continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest services and assistance to all persons visiting the hospital.
Location: Englewood, NJ
Status: Per diem
- A qualified retired law enforcement officer, as used in the federal "Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004,"
- Ability to maintain compliance of N.J.S.A. 2C:39-6
- In addition to semiannual qualification with a handgun, the retired officer must be thoroughly familiar with N.J.S.A. 2C:3-1 et. seq. of the New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice which codifies the justified use of deadly force by a civilian.
- Thorough understanding of system-wide policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on system-wide policies.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs rapidly.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
- Ability to maneuver lifting patients in excess of 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions - extreme heat, cold, rain, wind and snow.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
***COVID Vaccination Requirement***
Englewood Health requires all newly hired team members to provide either (a) documentation of Covid-19 vaccination, or (b) documentation of receipt of Covid-19 vaccination dose #1 prior to hire date, and to complete the series within the prescribed schedule for the particular vaccination. If pursuant to option (b), a candidate is not fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work, documentation must be presented upon completion of the series as a condition of employment. A pre-employment candidate may request an exemption due to the candidate's bona fide religious belief or disability, and any offer of employment will be conditioned upon approval of the request.
Englewood Health is one of New Jersey's leading hospitals and healthcare networks. Composed of Englewood Hospital, the Englewood Health Physician Network, and the Englewood Health Foundation, the health system delivers nationally recognized care in a community setting to residents of northern New Jersey, New York, and beyond. The hospital, founded in 1890, consistently earns high marks for clinical excellence and patient safety. Englewood Hospital holds the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade ‘A' and is nationally recognized for nursing excellence, earning a fifth consecutive designation by the Magnet Recognition Program® in 2021. Areas of clinical excellence include cardiac surgery and cardiac care, cancer care, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and women's health, as well as bloodless medicine and surgery. Englewood Health is an affiliate of Hackensack Meridian Health. The hospital offers an internal medicine residency program affiliated with Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine, as well as a vascular surgery fellowship, pharmacy residency program, podiatry residency program, and a radiography training program. Englewood also serves as a training site for surgery, pathology, emergency medicine, anesthesiology, critical care medicine, and other medical and surgical subspecialties.
Apply on company website