Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
Do you wish you could make a bigger impact? At Elekta, you can make a difference. Our software engineers connect thousands of patients to care each day. And, that is just the beginning. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and always searching for a better way. If you are creative, smart and work best in teams, we'd like to talk to you.
Elekta's growing software development engineering team has opportunities in development and testing of new and existing products. Our product teams thrive in a scaled, agile environment. Architects, product owners, designers and developers collaborate closely to rethink and reimagine. We need your expertise to create software that is simple, elegant and easy to use. We want to make sure that physicians spend their time fighting cancer, not software.
- Contribute to design decisions and discussions with project teams. Translate user requirements to software requirements.
- Implement software applications including design, unit testing and validation.
- Create the front-end of applications using responsive design and develop RESTful APIs
- Ensure software quality standards are met through documentation, risk analysis and testing support.
- Produce necessary design control documents.
- Develop within Agile philosophy and Scrum methodology.
- Interface with customers and vendors as necessary during the product development cycle; support field services on complex technical issues.
- Participate in activities for improving engineering practices, tools, infrastructure and other quality system processes and deliverables.
- Proficient in all phases of the software development cycle.
- Contribute to business requirement intake process. Can participate in cross-business area projects when needed.
- Translate requirements into products, services and solutions without guidance and is able to assist others.
- Proactive about identifying, troubleshooting and fixing complex problems.
- Take initiatives to identify areas for quality improvements.
- Review, provide guidance and feedback to colleagues as needed.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity (out-of-the-box thinking).
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of best practices.
- Actively seeks to develop a working knowledge of a range of domain/ engineering areas, processes, new technologies and tools leading to business strategies and project requirements.
- Proactively facilitates teamwork and support team members to accomplish common goals.
- Conducts/coordinates team meetings and discussions.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
- Prior experience in web development
- Ability to develop and mentor team members and guide technical direction of teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field of study with 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
- Experience in creating unit test framework
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment; proven ability to work successfully in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Knowledge of SQL Server, SQL language development
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with design and code reviews; understanding of revision control and experienced at unit testing
- Experience with application deployment using Azure Devops
- Experience working with an off-shore development team and in a distributed team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website