Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
Elekta produces state-of-the-art high tech medical equipment including medical Linear Accelerators for the treatment of cancer and the Gamma Knife, the Gold Standard for the treatment of neurological disorders using ionizing radiation, as well as products such as the Afterloader, Clarity, Esteya, Record and Verify Systems, and Treatment Planning Systems.
These technologies encompass many aspects of engineering, from high-power RF systems, electronics, mechanical systems, vacuum systems, control systems, software and networking environments.
The Senior Field Service Engineer must be customer focused and able to perform all mechanical and electronic repairs required in a timely fashion while meeting all required administrative requirements. This position warrants the highest level of professional representation between the customer and the company in all aspects of the customer relations. It also warrants the undivided support of projects, programs, and policies established by the company.
This is a remote position which requires the selected candidate to reside/relocate in the surrounding area where the position is located (Iowa City, IA).
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
- Independently perform complex troubleshooting and repairs on the designated modality with a 100% success rate of diagnosing the problem while working within the escalation procedure.
- Perform installations, calibrations, and preventative maintenance on their designated modality and two secondary modalities.
- Able to mentor Field Service Engineers in primary and secondary modalities.
- Able to train and sign off specific tasks for unqualified engineers.
- Assist in local project management.
- Work safely in confined areas, including high current/ high voltages modulators (20- 50 kV, 1500A), and use peripheral vision to gauge distances. The confined areas have potential hand/arm ‘traps.' Depth perception is critical.
- Work safely on Elekta's full range of products including medical devices producing high-energy ionizing radiation.
- Read, analyze, interpret and follow signal flow on blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Assist Dealers/End Users by troubleshooting equipment via the telephone.
- Identify/evaluate products and bring up to current manufacturing specifications.
- Prepare repair estimates and statements. Complete all paperwork associated with product logs and shipment.
- Instruct customers and staff in proper use of the equipment.
- Assist Sales/Customer Service with technical advice.
- Perform training seminars at home location and in the field when required.
- Stay current on all new products.
- Submit timely and accurately; service reports, timesheets, expense reports, film badges and other paper work as assigned.
- Ability to work outside their designated or secondary modality to solve technical problems.
- Parts inventory management (Part sales where applicable).
- Provide product feedback to home office.
- Maintain all company-leased equipment, including company automobile, parts, and tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Incorporates Elekta Values into all department functions and responsibilities.
- Adhere to all Elekta directives, policies and procedures.
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Electronics, or an associated discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years related field service experience and is Level 3 in primary modality along with Level 2 in two secondary modalities.
- Proven electrical, mechanical and computer skills.
- Posses a good mechanical aptitude.
- Proficiency in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters.
- A good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice, including ESD requirements.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to organize and prepare reports.
- Must be willing to travel when required and work independently.
- Uphold the Elekta's philosophy and all policies and procedures by maintaining appropriate controls to assure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of our organization.
- Must maintain an active driver's license in the home state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website