ECU Health Orthopedics, an employed physician group affiliated with East Carolina University located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking a hip and knee surgeon with fellowship training in adult reconstruction. ECU Health is a 9 hospital healthcare system serving eastern North Carolina with a robust network of primary care and referring physicians. The hub of this system is a 974 bed Level 1 Trauma Center located in Greenville.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center
- Established practice with 8 surgeons and 9 Advanced Practice Providers
- Opportunity available due to practice expansion
- Orthopaedic Level 1 trauma care is provided by 4 fellowship trained surgeons and 8 PA's with 2-3 dedicated trauma rooms.
- Outpatient joint replacement program is already in place at ASC which is conveniently located near office and main hospital and offers potential for part ownership
- Academic appointment with the Brody School of Medicine available for applicants who have a special interest in teaching medical students and residents
- For younger surgeons, there is mentorship support from experienced partners dedicated to teaching
- Dramatic potential for growth in a 29-county underserved area
- Opportunity to join a new adult reconstruction practice, along with an experienced hip and knee surgeon, offering candidates the ability to tailor their practice to preferences and professional interests
- Greenville offers numerous waterways perfect for boating, kayaking, and fishing, not to mention the ability to live only an hour away from the beautiful North Carolina coast or 2 hrs from the Outer Banks
- The mild climate lends itself to year round outdoor activities like hiking and camping with outstanding mountain bike single track only 20 min away
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Arts District near the university offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene. Excellent affordability, convenient location and outdoor activities combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and thrive!
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Mercer at (252)847-9029 or Amanda.Mercer@Vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant's qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website